Workshops for your company
SheCanHeCan offers gender and equality, diversity and inclusion workshops to companies, both in Monaco and across Europe.
The workshops vary depending on your requirements however our core workshops focus on
- An understanding power and privilege
- Learning to challenge 'invisible' discrimination such as gaslighting and unconscious bias
- A focus on the impact of representation
- Adopting specific tools and techniques that will support the development of better inclusion in the workplace.
We conduct both in-company workshops and mixed company workshops that engage multiple individuals from a broad range of different companies. The purpose of both types of workshops is to help participants challenge their own assumptions, by exchange, collaboration and interaction with the other participants. Through fact-based evidence, role-play and interactive activities, we work to encourage participants to learn and adopt methods to improve gender and social inclusivity in their workplace and by extension their own personal lives.
For more information or to receive your personalised company quotation, please email: email@example.com
"The workshop made me realise that I actually have been in an environment where discrimination has a place. I had not realised it before."
"Learning about the subtly of inequality, biases and comfort made me think differently and realise more the different experiences that some people go through that I don't"
Workshops for your school
Our workshops sessions for schools are both practical and academic. We ask students to analyse and understand a wide range of topics such as gender stereotypes, women's history, media images, the role of masculinity in society, understanding consent and sexual harassment and the uses and abuses of social media. We encourage them to challenge some of their most deeply-held stereotypes and to consider how that may impact their daily lives.
Our workshops are age appropriate and can be conducted with multiple year groups, single year groups, mixed gendered classes, single gendered classes or smaller in school club groups.
We pride ourselves on our 360 learning initiative and invite students to have an active role in the development of our work with them.
An example of our media literacy skills workshop is show below;
Objectives for the media literacy sessions:
- To make students aware of societies expectations of their gender
- To help students understand how gendered stereotypes may influence their future career choices
- To show students how to deconstruct and understand the way the media can affect the way we think about one's gender, race, sexuality etc and the effect that those perceptions have on one's personal identity but also the ways that we perceive and treat others.
To begin our workshops in your school, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Red Box Project MC
In 2019, to mark the International Day of the Girl, SheCanHeCan joined UK based Red Box Project to bring free period products for students in Monaco. You van see more about the project in the UK on their Instagram page. This project started at the International School of Monaco in October and is led by the SheCanHeCan student ambassadors.
To bring The Red Box Project to your school (Monaco and Cote D'Azur only), please email email@example.com
Teaching staff and Parents
We also offer workshops for teaching staff and parents. An example of our parent-teacher guide can be found here.
For more information or to book, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
" Women's place in the world and the difficulties related to discrimination have been intelligently addressed through three quality events that have fascinated children aged 6 to 10 and their animators. The pedagogy, the energy and the positive messages delivered to the little ones hit the mark."
"Thank you to you BOTH! You are a wonderful association and have such a lot to teach our students, and so much material to inspire our students with."
Similar to our workshops, throughout the year we host a number of small events that are offed to our community. Past events have included;
- Fundraising yoga and pilates classes;
- A book sale of inclusive stories for children;
- A session on stereotypes and children's toys, co-hosted with Let Toys Be Toys;
- A fundraising Christmas market alongside other female-led businesses in Monaco.
To organise an event with us, please send your request to email@example.com
We have given presentations at various private events alongside women's community-based, leaderships groups such as Be Here Now, New Women Networking as well as private group events for women which provide a supportive environment for women to discuss many of the challenges that they face today in their personal and professional lives.
To book a presentation for your group or private event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of our speaking engagements can be found below.
To request one of our team members to speak at your upcoming event, conference or panel, please email email@example.com
"Thank you so much for hosting. It's wonderful to have such strong women as yourselves voicing a message with such passion and helping us all learn along the way."
"Thank you for a great presentation and lively discussion. We are so lucky to have such engaged women helping the local community."
Vibeke Brask Thomsen
28 November 2020
Expert on TedXMonteCarloWomen, on the panel 'Raise Your Voice: Women Equality & Rights" (virtual event).
12 November 2020
Talk on equity & inclusion for second year students, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
11 October 2020
Introductory Speech for the International Day of the Girl, Conseil National, Monaco.
6 March 2020
Speech for the Wiener Ball Reception, City of Vienna, Monaco.
13 December 2019
Speech for the Dagmar Westberg Foundation, Frankfurt.
11 October 2019
International Day of the Girl, Conseil National, Monaco.
- Speech to mark the launch of #Girl2Leader campaign in Monaco.
5 September 2019
Young Diplomats Forum, Brussels.
7 August 2019
Marks & Spencer D&I Workshop, London.
27 March 2019
Mini United Nations Conference, International School of Monaco
Opening keynote speech on previous experience working with international organisations.
6 March 2019
Women and Global Leadership, hosted by the Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP), Palace of Westminster, London.
- Talk on diversity and inclusion, women in leadership, global progress and setbacks on gender equality.
27 November 2018
London Diplomatic Summit: Diplomacy for a Smart World, organised by the Global Diplomatic Forum, London.
- Chair on the "Women’s Role in Setting Vision of Security and Prosperity for the MENA Region”.
1 November 2018
Gender Smart Investing Summit, London – hosted by UBS
- Conversation starter on the Violence Prevention Dividend, Finance as a Tool to combat gender-based violence.
11 October 2018
International Day of the Girl, Conseil National, Monaco
- Speech to mark the International Day of the Girl, presenting SheCanHeCan and the #Girl2Leader campaign to MPs and young girls from participating schools.
27 September 2018
- Investor Media presentation event, Monaco Yacht Show, Monaco.
11 October 2017
International Day of the Girl, Conseil National, Monaco
- Speech to mark the International Day of the Girl and the launch of SheCanHeCan.
12 June 2017
Making Laws Work to End Violence against Women, hosted by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), Parliament of Romania, Vital Voices and Global Rights for Women, Bucharest, Romania
- Cooperation between NGOs and Parliamentarians in the implementation process following the reporting to the GREVIO, Council of Europe, on laws to end violence against women.